Image Map

Monday, April 23, 2012

Recipe Exchange...Strawberry "Crumb Top" Pound Cake



Hey yawl!  I am SUPER excited to be sharing this recipe with you today!  Savannah with Hammock Tracks asked me to join in on a recipe exchange with her.  I was a little nervous at first as I have never been apart of one before...buuuuttttt....I decided that this was a great opportunity to try something new AND connect with a fellow blogger.  Total win - win situation in my opinion! 

The way this works if you (like me) have never been apart of a recipe exchange before is this...we both peruse each others recipe files until we find a dozen things something that we'd like to try making for ourselves.  After slobbering all over my keyboard drooling over several options that Savannah had to choose from, I settled on her Strawberry Pound Cake. 

I will not lie, the major driving force behind this is my oldest son's insatiable craving for strawberries.  This kid can put away a pound of strawberries for breakfast alone...then polish off another pound after soccer practice and STILL want more.  To say he loves strawberries is a bit of an understatement.

And while the rest of us like them...we prefer them in our oatmeal or drowned in powdered sugar and scattered on top of pound cake.  So when I saw Savannah's recipe to put them IN our pound cake...I was SOLD!

I have to admit, I tweaked her recipe just a wee bit but I truly believe it would have been just as delicious had I left it alone. 

The main change that I made was adding a cinnamon crumb topping...just look at all that crumbly goodness on there!


OH my word...This cake was TO. DIE. FOR!

I can not thank Savannah enough for introducing me to this AMAZING recipe! 

Do yourself a favor and go make a loaf of this cake...brew a cup of tea...and sit down in front of your computer and enjoy all that Savannah with Hammock Tracks has to offer!


You'll be glad you did!

Strawberry Pound Cake with Crumb Topping

by Savannah with Hammock Tracks






Ingredients (1 loaf)
    Strawberry Pound Cake
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1/2 tsp almond extract
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1 -1/2 cups all purpose flour
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1 -1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
    Cinnamon Crumb Topping
    • 1/4 cup COLD butter
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup flour
    Instructions

    Strawberry Pound Cake
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Spray (1) loaf pan generously with baking spray.
    In mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy, then beat in the oil until blended.
    Beat in the sugars until well blended.
    Add almond extract and mix until incorporated.
    In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
    Beat all but 2 tablespoons of the dry mixture into the egg/oil mixture.
    Add the strawberries to the remaining dry mixture and toss to coat the berries well.
    Fold this mixture into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
    Sprinkle Crumb Topping on top and press into with palm of hand.
    Bake in oven for 60 min. or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

    Cinnamon Crumb Topping
    Cut in butter to sugars, cinnamon and flour to form crumbs.
    Sprinkle crumbs on loaf.
    Powered by Recipage

    6 comments:

    1. Hi, Angi! I love the crumb topping. How fun it is to see ways that others improve a good recipe. Thanks for doing the exchange.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. This recipe was AMAZING! One we will make over and over again! Thank you so much for sharing it with me :)

        *Hugs*

        Delete
    2. How fun! I love the idea of a swap. This pound cake looks amazing, that crunchy top, yum!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was so much fun and this pound cake is amazing!

        Delete
    3. And while the rest of us like them...we prefer them in our oatmeal or drowned in powdered sugar and scattered on top of pound cake. So when I saw Savannah's recipe to put them IN our pound cake...I was SOLD!
      bed sheet size single
      cal king box spring cover

      ReplyDelete

    Love notes...

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...