Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bake Me Happy - Cinnnamon Chip Banana Bread

Best Banana Bread EVER
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
(infused with Cinnamon Chips)



So I baked banana bread...and then Gremlins ate it. 

True Story.

I had the intentions of getting up this morning and taking pictures of my beautiful creation whilst the morning sunlight was streaming though the windows casting a sort-of "ethereal" glow. 

That didn't happen.

Instead, I got up this morning and this is what was left.


WTH?  Do I have gremlins that sneak into my kitchen at night and devour my food while I sleep?

I'm seriously concerned about this now people.  When I left the kitchen last, there were only TWO slices missing...TWO!  This morning I come in and there are only two slices REMAINING! 


Ummm....I am hopeful that this bread was so stinking good that the 3 men in my life could not resist the temptation to WAIT until I was able to take some photos of it and that I do not need to be concerned about midnight prowlers in my kitchen.

And that is what I am going to go with...that this is the BEST banana bread EVER! 

How did it come to be you ask? 

Well, I had 3 rotten bananas sitting in my fruit basket. My intention was to make chocolate chip banana bread; however, when I went to get out my chocolate chips.  There were none.  I'm blaming that one on my gremlins too.  It wasn't me that ate them...I swear it!  Instead, I found a leftover bag of cinnamon chips from when I baked these.  Yumm-ERS!

So I tossed in a cup of the cinnamon chips and there you have it folks...the Best Banana Bread EVER!




Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread
(adapted from Cooking Light)

Ingredients:
1 c. sugar
¼ c light butter – softened
3 mashed, ripe bananas
¼ c. milk
¼ sour cream
2 large egg whites
1 c. wheat flour
1 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ c. cinnamon chips (optional)


Directions
1.       Preheat oven to 350°.
2.       Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites; beat well, and set aside.
3.       Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
4.       Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) miniature loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Let cool completely on wire racks.
5.       Note: To make one 9-inch loaf, spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Yield: 1 loaf, 20 servings (serving size: 1 slice).
You may find this post partying in the following places:





I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). 


15 comments:

  1. Oh cute! The hubby loves banana bread! I may slip a few cinnamon chips in the next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link to cinnamon chip banana bread at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia/ Tuesday's Treasures Linky party. Your post is TOO funny!

    I made egg-free (kiddo with egg allergy) chocolate chip banana bread this morning! I'm going to have to try Cinnamon chips!

    I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to your future posts!

    Cheers ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEA! Thanks for following me!

      My "gremlins" think that cinnamon chips in banana bread is "like the best thing EVER"! LOL!

      *HUGS*
      Angi

      Delete
  3. This sounds yummy! Banana bread is one of my favs and the addition of the cinnamon chips sounds devine. I'm now following you and invite you to stop by my blog and look around if you'd like! I'm having an awesome giveaway right now as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,

      Thank you so much for following me! I will jump over to your site as well.

      Take care,
      Angi

      Delete
  4. LOL, I understand about the gremlins! I have one that eats all the peanut butter without me ever seeing it. Darn thing! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. I bet this bread was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of cinnamon chips, but this sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either til I wondered upon them during the holidays with all the chocolate chips. I love cinnamon so I just HAD to try them :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds devine! I MUST try it--those cinnamon chips are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That just looks amazing - I love trying out new banana bread recipes!!

    Stopping by from Sweet Tooth Friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...